Google's flagship line, the Pixels are getting a nice shot in the arm today with some more features.
Over on their blog they cover the new update (which my phone is downloading right now) which provides some nifty new updates for the Pixel 4 and some for the older.
The quick rundown:
- Long holding power gives you access to 'cards', whether it's your Google Pay card, a boarding pass or even an emergency contact info
- The 'air gestures' now let you 'tap' with your palm to pause / play music. I had guessed this was coming in the last review I had of the Pixel 4 as I commented that the gestures were pretty unexciting
- Dark theme is now 'schedule'able
- More emoji (*sarcastic yay*)
- Live Caption coming to as low as the Pixel 2
- AR effects in Duo
- Better selfies on the Pixel 4 with better 'depth' (I didn't really see any difference)
- Rules in the systems to set 'triggers' like Wifi, or location to do something specific (mute, set to vibrate, etc...)
Love it when a good phone gets better.
Not sure I'm going to probably use any of these... I preferred the Dark theme to be automatic based on my background ... and I'm still waiting for the day that TD will support Google Pay... c'mon, TD!!