Now, some of these are items that I already have, so I'm building this as a "if I had nothing, I'd want these" kind of way. Or for the 'hypothetical Android fan' ... here's their list.
Give my list a read through, tell me if you think I'd missed something important
That out of the way, here's what I'm suggesting:
It's a tough call, I still haven't done my V30 review yet; but based on what I have reviewed my top 3 suggestions are:
- Pixel 2 XL - amazing camera and Google experience
- LG G6 - awesome performance for the perfect size and it has Qi
- Moto Z2 Play - need I say more than mods?
These aren't the simple cases or cables, these are the things that help majorly make using the phone better.
- Polaroid mod - if you get the Moto, you'll want mods. I'd say first up should be the InstaShare projector, but it may be a bit more niche than a printer.
- 808 duos - you'll want to bop around to some music, and this Bluetooth (or wired, if you're so inclined) is a great set for just $100. The only problem is that the connector is a miniUSB ... so making sure you have that connector with you is a bit of a pain.
- Degauss Labs Vice - for when you want sound and a little more discrete, I have never heard a better set of earbuds before. Awesome stuff. Won't want to run with them (unless you change the rubber for those wings), but still great.
- Android Wear - I'm still sporting my Moto 360 Sport. Going watchless is not something I'd ever consider, ever again..
- Tylt Block party - this is my favourite room addition (although my wife hates it's look for the decor) it's a mainstay to be able to have a ton of power and a little speaker.
- Belkin 5K battery - for on the go ... it's nice to have something small and simple
- Liquid Screen Protector - you know me, I hate cases, but I want to protect the screen
These are the extras that make having your device just ... well, easier and they enhance your life as well.
- Roku Ultra - just discovered the remote widget on my phone and watching TV is even easier now
- Mpow Armor Plus Speaker - when headphones aren't enough, having something that's truly quality sound is a must. Now there was the IC-BTS09 speaker which is louder and I do use for watching movies in the backyard, the Armor Plus is a little more durable for more activities/portability
- Solar charger - well, not so much now, but in the warmer times I spend a fair bit outside, and having something passively collect power for me is very handy
- Wall charger - or, if you have a model that has Qi, grab this desktop accessory
- Universal Cables - I hate having to lug around a microUSB cable for my headphones, a lightning for my work iPhone and a USB-C cable for my phone ... this deal from NOMAD makes it all in one.
- Jump Starter - a must as part of my vehicle emergency kit. A battery to help jump the car should I need it, or just keep my phone charged while at the side of the road.
Extras Just for Fun
- Google Home Mini - I'd love to replace my speaker for one of the Home Max, but until then, the Mini is just fine.
- Bluetooth controlled electric fireplace - not necessary, but just cool to be able to turn on the fireplace and set the lights and temperature from your phone.
- Sentio - turn your phone into a laptop!